Massage Therapy Services
- » HOT TOWELS
- » Swedish Massage
- » Deep Tissue Massage
- » Myofascial Massage
- » Reiki
- » Prenatal Massage
- » Hot Stone Therapy
- » Paraffin Wax Treatment
- » Injury Assessment and Massage
- » Injury Work: Kinesiology Taping
- » Injury Work: IASTM
- » Injury Work: Myofascial Cupping
Hot Towels are included complimentary with every service
Swedish Massage is a very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of strokes such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to help the body improve its circulation. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a form of bodywork that aims to relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly effective method for releasing chronic stress areas due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, open communication during the session is crucial to make sure you don't get too uncomfortable. Keep in mind that soreness is pretty common after the treatment, and that plenty of water should be ingested to aid with the flushing and removal of toxins that will have been released from the deep tissue during the session.
Myofascial massage is a technique used to treat injuries and discomfort, reducing pain and increasing range of motion. Myofascial massage differs from other types of massage in that it targets the fascia - the membrane surrounding muscles - rather than the muscle itself. Since fascia completely encases every muscle in the body, imbalances in the fascia can have serious effects on your range of motion and comfort level. While other forms of massage can overlook the fascia, myofascial massage focuses specifically on releasing tension in this important membrane.
Reiki energy therapy is a gentle hands-on (or off the body) holistic healing technique that revitalizes the body’s natural ability to heal itself. It promotes relaxation for self-healing, enhances the effectiveness of other treatments, increases recovery rates and the acceleration of healing. All Reiki services are performed by Sandra.
Prenatal Massage is a style of bodywork designed specifically for pregnant women. This massage can be performed side lying or on our unique pregnancy table that allows our clients to safely lay face down. Pregnancy is a time when a woman's body endures tremendous stress due to dramatic physical and emotional changes. Using various techniques specially developed for the expecting mother, Pregnancy Massage helps release the pain and discomfort experienced throughout pregnancy. The benefits are profound, including emotional support, the relief of joint pain due to extra weight and postural imbalance, and improved breathing and relaxation.
Hot Stone Therapy
Hot Stone Therapy is a style of massage where heated stones are placed at specific sites on your body to deepen relaxation and promote circulation in your muscles. Muscles that are heated with these stones release tension and stress much more deeply and quickly than with a traditional massage. The overall experience is very relaxing, nurturing, and rejuvenating.
Paraffin Wax Treatment
Paraffin treatment is a form of deep heat therapy. Liquified paraffin wax is very efficient at absorbing and retaining heat. When you dip your hand or foot, for example, into the paraffin bath, heat transfers from the wax into the affected area as the wax solidifies. The heat increases circulation and relieves pain and stiffness. To aid in skin softening, paraffin increases blood supply to the skin, while also opening pores and trapping moisture from underlying layers of skin,.
Injury Assessment and Massage
There are a lot of injuries that can be treated with proper assessment and massage. Some injuries can be treated in one session, but most injuries will take at least 3 sessions within a 2 week period to show major improvement.
Injuries that may be treated with massage are:
Headaches, Shoulder Pain, Low Back Pain, Hip Pain, Fibromyalgia, Carpal Tunnel, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Tennis Elbow, Golfer's Elbow, Whiplash, Ankle Sprain/Strain, Plantar Fasciitis, Frozen Shoulder, Rotator Cuff, Sciatica, Hamstring Pull, Patella Tendonitis, TMJ, Scoliosis and much more...
***Modalities that may be used may include but are not limited to Massage, Myofascial Cupping, IASTM and Kinesiology Taping
Injury Work: Kinesiology Taping
Kinesiology Taping is used to support injured muscles and joints without restricting full range of motion. It helps to aid in faster muscle recovery, prevents cramps or spasm, prevents over-stretching or over-contraction of muscles and also enhances muscle tone and strength.
*Our therapist, Karen Matti, has been certified in Kinesiology Taping basic and advanced through RockTape since 2017.
- Competitive athletes: Allows athletes to continue training and/or competing as their injuries heal
- Improves neurological muscle activation, infants and young children with hypotonia, poor muscle tone that limits their ability to learn to sit up, crawl, etc.
- The unique elastic properties of kinesio tape allow it to provide support to an injured muscle or joint, discouraging harmful movements while still allowing safe, healthy range of motion
- The lifting action of the tape relieves pressure on pain receptors directly under the skin
- Reduced pressure on the lymphatic drainage channels enhances the removal of fluids and other materials that collect in an injured area
- Enhanced circulation to working muscles helps deliver oxygen and nutrients at the cellular level as well as accelerate the removal of waste products
- Fatigued, overused muscles contain byproducts of exercise (such as lactic acid) that contribute to pain and stiffness and limit the ability to continue exercising. When kinesio tape is used over these areas, enhanced removal of these byproducts allows for more rapid recovery
- - See more at: https://www.amtamembers.com/karinghandsmassageandskin.edit/kinesiology-taping-benefits#sthash.AoqegcvF.dpuf
Injury Work: IASTM
IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) detects and treat fascial dysfunction by reducing adhesions and increasing healing rates of the targeted area. This is a great option to help resolve pain and tightness in the body.
IASTM instruments make it easier to detect and treat fascial dysfunction created by scars, restriction and adhesions.
BENEFITS OF IASTM
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Allows for faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Helping to resolve chronic conditions
**Our therapists, Karen Matti and Sandra Johnson-Harrell have be certified in IASTM through RockTape since 2019
Injury Work: Myofascial Cupping
Myofascial Cupping is a technique used to release fascial restrictions surrounding muscles and is great for general pain relief and increase of circulation
Benefits of Myofascial Cupping
- Breaks up scar tissue built up from previous injuries
- Reduces localized inflammation and aids in recovery by increasing blood flow to the injured area
- Puts a passive stretch on soft tissue
- Reduces muscles tension
** "Why am I bruised and marked after a treatment?"
A strong suction can leave red markings with the back and forth movement over the same area of treatment. A lot of times this may look like bruising, but is not. Bruising is damage to the muscle, but this technique brings toxins to the surface (red and purple markings) and gets removed through the lymphatic system. Markings can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days.
**Our therapists Karen Matti and Sandra Johnson-Harrell have been certified through RockTape since 2018